High Protein Oat Waffles – Skinnytaste
Skinnytaste waffles are a special type of waffles that are made out of cottage cheese, oat flour, and eggs. These waffles are introduced specifically for those who want excessive amounts of proteins on a daily basis.
The combination of High Protein Oats, eggs, and cottage cheese makes these waffles an absolutely brilliant choice for those who seek effective and practical ways to consume high protein amounts. These waffles are crispy, yet mild and fluffy. The main reason behind such a perfect output and presentation is a blender. Cottage cheese along with eggs and High Protein Oats are finely blended into puree and achieve perfect smoothness.
When it comes to cottage cheese, it is a well-known, old-fashioned food made by culturing milk. When you make skinny taste waffles, you should replace the regular buttermilk or milk with cottage cheese. To achieve more lightness and fluffiness, perfectly whipped egg whites are added to the batter. You can even use a regular waffle maker to make these high-protein waffles so there is nothing difficult about it.
Toppings you can use on Skinnytaste waffles
You can top your High Protein Oat waffles with the following ideas.
- Peanut butter
- Bananas or berries
- Maple syrup
- Bee’s honey
- Whipped cream
What variations you can add to High Protein Oat waffles
If you need to add some variations to your High Protein Oat waffles, consider the following suggestions.
- Gluten-free high protein waffles
To make gluten-free high protein waffles, you should buy gluten-free oats.
- Low-fat cottage cheese
You can go for low-fat cottage cheese as an option to lower your fat consumption further. But in that case, you will have to add a hint of oil to the waffle to bring its original smoothness.
Once prepared, the batter can retain its original quality for up to 4 days. Mentioned below is how you should prepare these awesome High Protein Oat waffles. The good news is that it will take only about 15 minutes to get it ready to eat.
- 2/3 cup of cottage cheese
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 full cup of oat flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- First, you should preheat the waffle maker in the medium setting
- Now, you should put cottage cheese, vanilla, egg yolks, and sugar in the blender and mix them. Then, add 6 tbsp of water, oat flour, baking powder, and salt to the same mixture and make it a batter. Pour that mixture into a medium bowl.
- Now, you should beat the egg whites and add them to the batter.
- Spray some oil into the waffle iron and pour about ¼ cup of the batter into it. Bake it until the waffle gets a golden-brown color.
You can replace sugar with bees’ honey or any other sweetener if you wish.
So, that’s how to prepare delicious and protein-rich Skinnytaste waffles.